Friday, June 24, 2011

Lunch in LA

There are several times that I'm out in public, or out to eat, and the conversations of the people around me are just so inane or F-ing stupid that I can't control my frustration/amusement level.

Today at lunch with Bob---we grabbed a couple salads and sat at a table by the window. Two tacky Arab dudes---one with extremely ambiguous sexuality and the other with bad breath and nasty aftershave (that made Bob later say, "he smelled like my dad, and I hate my dad, so I instantly hated him") sat down next to us.
The one with the aftershave was talking about a property he recently bought in the area: "The media room has a closet, so it's technically a bedroom, but it wasn't listed as that---I mean, they could have gotten a lot more for it. The sellers were pains in the ass. I mean, an old lady owned it, but we bought it from her kids. She was a holocaust survivor, but that house has bad feng shui. You can see the back door from the front door, and I think that's bad. I talked to my Rabbi about it......"
This whole time I can see Bob starting to crack a smile, so I crack a smile, and this dude just keeps going and going and before I know it, both Bob and I are laughing hysterically. We weren't talking before we started laughing, so we can't pretend that one of us said something funny. It's all too obvious.
The man looks over and says, "Are you laughing at me?" Which clearly only makes me laugh more.

Yep, we're nice. But that's lunch in LA for you. That conversation was ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment